Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Long time lurker looking to gauge interest in a 99 TJ I-6 Auto transmission.
A worn transmission mount ate up my pinion bearings before I got to it.
I don't have the tools or the facilities to do the repair and I figure I'll use the opportunity to move to an XJ or a KJ.

The problem diff is a Dana 35c. All the guts are in good shape, I stopped driving her as soon as the shake got out of control.
Engine's got 215xxx
Transmissions got at least the 120xxx that I put on it slight leak at pan
Both are strong though.

My question in short is what's the demand like for a TJ in good shape that needs to be carted off? Should I approach it as an easy repair for someone or a body for a 44 or 8.25 swap?

I know there's a classified section, but this is an exploratory mission while I figure the best way to move forward.
I'd hate to see her traded in at a dealership that'll offer $500 and then scrap her.

Also I'm in Westchester County, NY if that changes anything.

All input appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
510 Posts
You should definitely sell it and no way would it go to the junkyard in any event. Unless it has terminal rust, I can't see it not being worth at least $2K, probably more. All it needs is another Dana 35 from a junkyard.... Easy fix

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My thoughts as well SEAICE.
Rust is nowhere near terminal (a patch by passenger nutserts wouldn't hurt though).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts