Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a 1999 TJ. Full hard doors. Soft top. I bought it and he said it had been painted last year.. the top corner of the driver door touches the windshield frame at the top. I don't know if something is out of an alignment or what I can do.. don't want to booger up the paint messing with it

·
Registered
752 Posts
I have a 1999 tj. Full hard doors. Soft top. I bought it and he said it had been painted last year.. the top corner of the driver door touches the windshield frame at the top. I don't know if something is out of an alignment or what I can do.. don't want to booger up the paint messing with it
I don't have a solution, but my 99 is the same. Within a fraction of a millimeter of touching at the top. I've read on forum of others with the same issue.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine isn't close to touchingg. It is touching. I didn't know if there was a way to adjust it a little. The passenger side is perfect but the other side touches right there

·
Registered
752 Posts
Until you get a good fix, take a piece of 3M mounting tape and put in the sill where it touches. Just peel the adhesive strip on one side only. It's a little bit spongy and should keep the two pieces of metal from touching and rubbing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know right. The door closes. Is not perfectly flush and the top of the door could go back some, obviously lol. The rest of the gaps seem alright. Passenger door is perfect. But I want this fixed yesterday lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But I mean there is room on the other gaps that they won't touch if it moves. If the top of the door could just move back some

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking at it and thinking.. when they painted it could they have got the windshield out of alignment

·
Registered
295 Posts
Your top looks to be 1/2 -3/4 off and the gap is 1/4 in off at least. Something looks to be bent if the rest of the door gaps are even. The top of the door should be much closer to lining up.

·
Registered
15,694 Posts
Diagonal string measurements from an identifiable point on top corner of windshield frame to an identifiable point on top corner of rear tub

Should be very close to same length on both diagonal measurements

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any other ideas? How does one check to see where everything needs to be and how would it be adjusted

1 - 20 of 44 Posts