Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my stock driveshaft snapped at the transfer case today. So I need to get a sye cv driveshaft from Tom wood.

When I get that for my jeep is there anything else I need to make sure my angle is correct?

I have a:
99 4.0L manual tj
3" Suspension lift
1.25" body lift
33" tires

No transfer case drop or anything

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need adjustable upper control arms to be able to adjust your rear pinion angle for a sye.
If I can't afford to get adjustables right now will it do the same damage like the stock driveshaft just went through with the sye and cv shaft?

·
Registered
459 Posts
If I can't afford to get adjustables right now will it do the same damage like the stock driveshaft just went through with the sye and cv shaft?
You will not be able to run a cv drive shaft without adjusting your pinion, that would create big issues. Ideally you install sye and adjustable CA's and set pinion correctly, then you can take measurements to order the correct length driveshaft

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
You will not be able to run a cv drive shaft without adjusting your pinion, that would create big issues. Ideally you install sye and adjustable CA's and set pinion correctly, then you can take measurements to order the correct length driveshaft
^^^This, except you can call Tom Wood's Drive Shafts and tell them your set up and and give them a measurement of what you have now and they can go ahead and determine what you need for length so you'll have it when you do the install....They've been doing it a long time.
Mine fit perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts