Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal... I bought a 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sahara at auction for $900. It was hit hard over the frame rails, so I had to replace the hood, both fenders, and the grill. So, I have around $900 in parts, paint, & radiator/condenser. It has 68k miles on it, and the engine runs great. I am having one issue though... On the left front fender below the power brake booster I have a harness plug connector but there is nothing to plug it in to? I know this is where Jeep's have their ABS unit, but my vehicle does not have ABS at all.

Any suggestions? Is there something else that goes here?...

Lost in the sauce. First time Jeep owner.

Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
that blank spot at the driver fenderwell at the firewall is where the ABS controller would be if the jeep had ABS, if it didnt have ABS, its open. The plug is there because the harnesses are all the same, regardless of options. Your good

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
900 and you have it running?...short of a bad frame you are doing VERY WELL. even if the frame is screwy yours still pretty well off at that price. Any pictures or specs on the jeep, alot of people will drool over that!

·
Registered
188 Posts
yeah i have the same year and model and same thing with harness...no abs...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
900 and you have it running?...short of a bad frame you are doing VERY WELL. even if the frame is screwy yours still pretty well off at that price. Any pictures or specs on the jeep, alot of people will drool over that!
The frame is actually in good condition! I measured it and it's straight as can be. I have an extra good frame, so that was an option if I couldn't straighten it. I did have to weld a new lower arm bracket on the passenger side and swap out a spindle that was broken. Something must have went under it during the accident.

I've attached a before and after picture. I'm not done yet, but I'm almost there!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I figured the harness was the same, so I'm glad to find out for sure.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, it was hit hard OVER the frame-- so it missed it completely

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I freaking hate you. The doors and hardtop together are worth well over 900, and thats the same color as my jeep... nice job though it looks good.
Thanks. I also have a 2" suspension lift I pulled off a destroyed Jeep. It's a 2" lift with arms, shocks, and coils. I kind of like the look of the 31s with the suspension as is, but I would also like to get in to some wheeling. Who knows? I really just want to drive it. I'll be completely satisfied with that for now.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Wow! So you're into it around 2000 and it looks great! Awesome Job and find. Jealous right here

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I would of never thought a jeep would go at auction for one...but for 900. I can rattle of about 2000.00 just from the wrecked pic. For 900 I could have a parts jeep!

Awesome deal...now where the heck are these auctions at? Tell me :bottom::rofl:

·
Registered
188 Posts
i would of never thought a jeep would go at auction for one...but for 900. I can rattle of about 2000.00 just from the wrecked pic. For 900 i could have a parts jeep!

Awesome deal...now where the heck are these auctions at? Tell me :bottom::rofl:

x2!!!!!!

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
PICMDEEP said:
Thanks. I also have a 2" suspension lift I pulled off a destroyed Jeep. It's a 2" lift with arms, shocks, and coils. I kind of like the look of the 31s with the suspension as is, but I would also like to get in to some wheeling. Who knows? I really just want to drive it. I'll be completely satisfied with that for now.
That 2 inches will be plenty to get you into some average wheeling. Have fun! I want to start getting some stuff at auctions but all I know and care about are jeeps and you don't get many around here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That 2 inches will be plenty to get you into some average wheeling. Have fun! I want to start getting some stuff at auctions but all I know and care about are jeeps and you don't get many around here.

I have a salvage dealer license, so I have access to auctions in Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, & Michigan. Those are the places I buy, but I can go to auctions throughout the United States. It really helps. Public auctions can get a little crazy with the amount of bidders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts