Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i got my wrangler not to long ago and the previous owner said he had jb adhesive welded a corsa shift knob onto the shift shaft lever. I tried pulling it off and wow that stuff is tuff to get off meaning i cant. I dont know whether i should torch it off or how i am going to get this off because by the looks of what every one elses tj all the others are threaded mine is rather glued to the threads with (jb weld) I really want to by a boot and screw on knob that was meant for the jeep and i dont want it to look like a ghetto race rice rocket please suggestions... ill post pics later

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Grip it with a big set of channel locks or Vise-Grips and try unscrewing it...that may work, it's what I would try. Even though it's cold welded on it may ride up the threads. If it won't I would just pick up a nice used shifter and knob like xxBOsoxFANxx mentioned. :thumb:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yep, channel locks work good. If you plan to reuse the shift knob (which it doesn't sound like you are), be sure to use a good chamois or thick towel to protect the knob from the channel lock teeth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts