Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WindShield Wiper Blades 13"(Driver) 13"(Passenger) 2pc | eBay

found these a while back when i was looking for a better wiper blade for the front. apparently most major companies dont make a solid beam design in 13in like the Michelin latitude blades. these are cheap and definately outlast the standard ones ive bought from advanced autoparts and for the price are definately worth the couple day shipping wait. on my 2nd pair of them since i bought found them, pretty sure i used 2 sets of regular ones and they lasted about as long as a 1 set of these combined.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Cripe,
I put a set of blades from Advance Auto on last year and I thought they were WORSE than the one's that had been on it!

In fact,
Seems like the last few sets I've bought for my car or wife's vehicles, have been about total crap!! Almost makes me wonder if anyone makes a decent blade anymore?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I use only Bosch icons which are available in 13in. They are alittle pricey but work flawlessly, hold up really well, and take the abuse of the sun,snow,and ice.

My last set lasted 5 years before I traded the vehicle. My wife's current set are over a year and a half old and still working like new. And all our vehicles are parked outside. No carport or garage.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
And don't forget a little maintenance helps. Clean the blades when you wash the Jeep.
OK, let me rephrase that, clean the blades more often then you wash your Jeep.

Think about it, parked they sit almost horizontal, so any debris lay on the blades, turn on the wipers and all that crap gets ground into the blades.

And check the tension on the wiper arms. Best blades in the world aren't going to do diddly if there's not enough tension pushing them against the windshield.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wiper blades that get used last on all my cars, ones that sit rot fast i find. these cheap ones off ebay have been very good for the money i have to admit, but it seems the regular cheap ones do fine on everything else i own but the jeep

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
Note 15" blades will fit. You can get solid beam in 15's

·
Registered
339 Posts
I bought some 13" Goodyear wiper blades off eBay and they work well! My previous pair was from auto zone and they were terrible

·
Registered
50 Posts
I like the Anco Winter blades,they work great in ice & snow,mud,they are heavy duty construction & they have red end pieces that match my Red Wrangler!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,127 Posts
X3 on the Silblade recommendation, you can find them for sale on the internet. Buy from a dealer and not Silblade direct, Silblade's direct pricing is higher than dealer pricing.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I'm a big fan of the PIAA Silicone blades I've got on my Camaro (twin 24" blades are a touch pricey)...I've just got some crap ones on the Jeep, and once those start wearing out, I'll be getting a set for it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've been real happy with the rain-x brand wipers and they last a long time. Current set is around a year old and still wipes perfectly.

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
15" blades will rub on the rubber windshield seal at the top of the wipe. I'd rather keep the blades at the OE 13" length and keep them on the glass. :)

I have 15 and they do not touch the seal. Check your swipe. You have more than 1" on either side with the 13" from the seal.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I picked up a pair of these from Rampage and will try them out when my current set is worn out.. they idea is interesting, but will have to see if in execution they perform. Oh, they are at the very bottom of the page.

Rampage Page 3

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I put on napa wiper snuggies and it made a huge difference with no chatter anymore. They work with any wiper and are totally worth the few bucks and 1min install. Best bang for the buck as far as wipers go. $5 for the pair NAPA AUTO PARTS

1 - 20 of 28 Posts