Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems today someone needed my CB STYLE quick disconnect antenna more than me.

Come out to my jeep while shopping and was leaving the lot with the radio on, reception was not good. So I looked over instinctively to the antenna....no antenna there.

U don't take shit that u know nothing about, I bet another jeeper took it...pretty messed up if u ask me.

·
Super Moderator
9,574 Posts
All You can do is hope karma serves them a big can of payback. I run a 3', when I'm not using it, I store it along the B-pillar overhead roll bar on 2 oversized zip ties. Slides right in and out, plus I don't advertise I have a CB to steal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All You can do is hope karma serves them a big can of payback. I run a 3', when I'm not using it, I store it along the B-pillar overhead roll bar on 2 oversized zip ties. Slides right in and out, plus I don't advertise I have a CB to steal.

Funny thing is my Firestik CB ANTENNA WASN'T STOLEN, my front CB STYLE RADIO ANTENNA WAS.

Karma is a bitch.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
You mean there's a-holes that drive Jeeps?

This is a big reason, when I do any mods I like to purchase items that "look" stock. People don't look twice at it. For those items on the outside I can't find that don't look stock, then I try to find something inexpensive so it doesn't bother me as much if it comes up missing.

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Its not like CB antennas are in high demand anymore.

I am sure who ever took it, didn't do it because they could use it, but rather to simply be a :censored:.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Are CB antennas hollow? We used to have a big problem here in the People's Republic of Portland with crackheads snapping off antennas and using them for crack pipes. Not so much anymore now that everyone's move on to meth.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I am sure who ever took it, didn't do it because they could use it, but rather to simply be a :censored:.

Bud they took the whole thing, they saw it and knew it was a quick disconnect cb STYLE radio antenna offered by quadratec.

Why not take my firestik as well, it is also a quick disconnect.

It is for ur am/fm radio. Replaces factory metal antenna that mount right passenger fender.

Cheaper to steal mine rather than to repurchased theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,962 Posts

I'm sure it was an 18 to 20 something y/o. When I was that age, that's when my stuff seemed to turn up missing all the time.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Someone stole my foot pegs, an ID badge lanyard, and .50 out of my cup holder one time.

My lanyard?...come on. They just took the lanyard. Took the ID off.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Someone stole my foot pegs, an ID badge lanyard, and .50 out of my cup holder one time.

My lanyard?...come on. They just took the lanyard. Took the ID off.
LOL, definitely kids. Probably some kid needed one for his HS ID and it was easier for him to just steal yours then to figure out where to buy one or ask mom and dad to go buy one for him.

Most adults don't do stupid sh*t like that because they have respect for other's stuff since they had to work hard to get their own and more so have actual future thinking capability to realize if they get caught, it just wouldn't be worth the embarrassment or consequences.

Things like that happened around my old neighborhood all the time. The kid wasn't smart enough to figure out he was the only one in that age group and just because no one could prove he did it, everyone already knew it was him. Then later it was confirmed when other people's stuff was found laying around his yard or sitting out on the curb on trash day after he was finished with it. They also think people have short memories and some how forgot that was once their stuff that was previously stolen.

My father didn't F around. He once heard the kid messing around at night on our property. Apparently, he was pretty startled when he heard that shotgun blast go over his head. That's all the kid could talk about with his friends the next day while he was on the school bus.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
LOL, definitely kids. Probably some kid needed one for his HS ID and it was easier for him to just steal yours then to figure out where to buy one or ask mom and dad to go buy one for him.

Most adults don't do stupid sh*t like that because they have respect for other's stuff since they had to work hard to get their own and more so have actual future thinking capability to realize if they get caught, it just wouldn't be worth the embarrassment or consequences.

Things like that happened around my old neighborhood all the time. The kid wasn't smart enough to figure out he was the only one in that age group and just because no one could prove he did it, everyone already knew it was him. Then later it was confirmed when other people's stuff was found laying around his yard or sitting out on the curb on trash day after he was finished with it. They also think people have short memories and some how forgot that was once their stuff that was previously stolen.

My father didn't F around. He once heard the kid messing around at night on our property. Apparently, he was pretty startled when he heard that shotgun blast go over his head. That's all the kid could talk about with his friends the next day while he was on the school bus.
Problem is as "We" get older the Kids are becoming 20,30,40 year old's that are now doing the dumb shit that was once solely the deeds of the once young. Couple all that with a fumbling stumbling economy, opioid epidemics, heroin substitutes and a crumbled family structure ..... it's only going to get worse.

I knew a "kid" that was stealing stuff. He found out the cops were on their way over to ask him some questions so he takes all the stuff out back and doses it with gasoline figuring (like on tv) no evidence - no problem.
Problem is, nobody in his life ever taught him right vs wrong OR how to build a fire. First match goes out so he figures throw more gas on.
Blew himself up, burns over 80% of his body.
My Wife tells me all this and I say, "You know he isn't going to survive that right?"
He died the next day.

Tragedy? Yes, I would say so on many many levels. Makes you think. As I get older I do that a lot.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts

I hate thieves but I don't think I'd ever shoot or shoot at someone who was stealing something.

Now break in my house or try to open my car door, you'll be ventilated.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Problem is as "We" get older the Kids are becoming 20,30,40 year old's that are now doing the dumb shit that was once solely the deeds of the once young. Couple all that with a fumbling stumbling economy, opioid epidemics, heroin substitutes and a crumbled family structure ..... it's only going to get worse.

I knew a "kid" that was stealing stuff. He found out the cops were on their way over to ask him some questions so he takes all the stuff out back and doses it with gasoline figuring (like on tv) no evidence - no problem.
Problem is, nobody in his life ever taught him right vs wrong OR how to build a fire. First match goes out so he figures throw more gas on.
Blew himself up, burns over 80% of his body.
My Wife tells me all this and I say, "You know he isn't going to survive that right?"
He died the next day.

Tragedy? Yes, I would say so on many many levels. Makes you think. As I get older I do that a lot.
Majority of crime around here is drug related. I think the percentage is like 80s? No citation for that though. I'd have to dig it up.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Majority of crime around here is drug related. I think the percentage is like 80s? No citation for that though. I'd have to dig it up.
That sucks. I'll leave it at that.
I live sandwiched have Wilkes-Barre to the North, Hazelton to my West, Highways to NYC and Phila. just a few miles away.

I live very remote, in the Woods on top of a mountain BUT had my Jeep windows smashed and bags stolen at a trail head less than a mile from my house obvious Drug related....
What IF I had walked out on him?

·
Super Moderator
7,627 Posts
I live sandwiched have Wilkes-Barre to the North, Hazelton to my West, Highways to NYC and Phila. just a few miles away.

I live very remote, in the Woods on top of a mountain BUT had my Jeep windows smashed and bags stolen at a trail head less than a mile from my house obvious Drug related....
What IF I had walked out on him?
I live 10 minutes from Hempstead, NY, I know the feeling, well in fact.

I can't speak to what you'd do if you walked out on him. I'd venture a guess, and the thief would probably be sorry. I know what I'd do.

A good friend many years ago caught someone off guard with the hood to his Mustang up. The thief was helping himself to the battery. He got scared and ran, my friend a NYS HS heavy weight wrestling champ, and MMA expert beat the living shit out of the guy. So much so that he won't be helping himself to batteries anymore.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts