Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all. This just started yesterday, took jeep to the beach for the day and started noticing condensation around all of the air vents. Turned AC off and they dried up fairly quick. Tried it several times on the way home, 2-3 hour ride, with same issue. Only happens when the A/C button is on, switched to defrost, and quickly covered the windshield with moisture, AC button on again.
2009 Wrangler X, 6spd. manual.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks. Just never had that on any other vehicle so I got a little concerned. Thanks again for the response.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Condensation will collect on any cold surface below the dew point. It's more noticible when it's really humid and the object is really cold. No different than a glass of icewater covered in condensation. If you leave the AC on recirculation the AC system will pull the moisture out of the air and you'll notice that the condensation will go away.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I remember this happening to my Mitsubishi Pejero I had in Kuwait, that and it smelled really musty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts