Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked at 3 2011 wrangler sports. 1 clearly doesn't have A/C as the temp knob doesn't say it does and it doesn't light up. 1 clearly does ..the temp controller that says AC lights up and out comes the cold air.
The last one, owned for 3 years by an older gentleman has the ac knob, And it lights up ... but he says it doesn't have A/C. ( he bought it used from a dealership ). I'm thinking the jeep actually HAS it ... but there is something wrong with it (compressor ... or freeon ) . The jeep isn't close by so i can no longer look under the hood. All I can go by is what I saw, and the VIN number.
Do you think this jeep actually HAS AC ?? or do i walk away since its something i need ... even if i have to get it fixed.
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
726 Posts
You can delete the AC when you order, so it may not have A/C, it was optional.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Welcome to the forum :thumb:

Some base model Sports were not A/C equipped, while some of the better-optioned ones (factory build or special order) had things like A/C, power locks & windows.

If you have the VIN for specific Jeeps you are looking at, you can look at the build sheet or window sticker- there are online resources to show either. While having factory-equipped A/C is no guarantee it is working properly on a used vehicle, it will narrow down whether it is there or not to start with. While getting non-working A/C back up and running can potentially be expensive, it isn't a retrofit I would want to take on from scratch if A/C is a must have for you.

·
Retired Moderator
101,426 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Super Moderator
2,738 Posts
2-door Sport = a/c optional
4-door Sport = a/c standard

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
if you have the VIN, copy this link and add the VIN immediately after the = sign at the end of the URL. (no spacees) It will return the window sticker with the ordered options.

Code:
  www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

1 - 6 of 6 Posts