Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, 2013 JK owner here with the pesky drain leak into the interior. I had the dealer diagnose it, and they said it was cracked and not clogged. I pulled the foam off from around the drain where it meets the firewall and it’s clearly leaking, and at a fast rate. The dealer’s wanting $1200~Any thoughts on how to proceed?

https://youtu.be/NxvhD4weTSQ

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
You might try some J B Weld for plastic or other brand of two part epoxy. You will probably need to not run the AC for a few days so the water dries up. Try the epoxy all around the area of the leak and again don't run the AC for a couple of days to give it a good chance to cure.

May not solve the problem but it also won't cost $1,200

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might try some J B Weld for plastic or other brand of two part epoxy. You will probably need to not run the AC for a few days so the water dries up. Try the epoxy all around the area of the leak and again don't run the AC for a couple of days to give it a good chance to cure.

May not solve the problem but it also won't cost $1,200
That’s kinda the route I was thinking. Pretty tight spot down there, so I’m gonna try to get a small inspection mirror to see if I can’t find the leak, then just try to epoxy it.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Usually for this kind of project I use an old popsicle stick or tongue depressor to spread the epoxy. If you can get under there with a cell phone camera, try taking a photo or video of the leak so you know where to apply the epoxy. Be generous as more is better than less. A small mirror like the wife's compact make a good way to see areas where the head can not get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts