Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The notorious A/C Blower motor problem?.So I know this is all over the forum but I can?t not find my problem anywhere. The long story would help I guess. I have a 2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Straight 6. A couple years ago I was having the melting of the switch problem. Tried to fix it in every way known to man. Replaced switch, blower motor, resistor, re- solder wires that were melted. It worked for a total for 30 seconds then quit. So I got fed up and ripped the whole system out and just put a aftermarket heater in its place.

Fast-forward two years to the present I come to the conclusion that I need an A/C in Alabama more than I needed a heater. I was searching on craigslist and found a complete dash and A/C system with heater out of a 1998 Jeep. Almost everything matched up besides the actuator door which in this system was manual. Hooked everything up?.still nothing. SO then I got on EBay and ordered new wiring harness for the HVAC box and control switch for the dash?still nothing. I am getting power to the back of the control panel, getting it to the selector on the control panel but the blower motor never comes on. I am however not getting any power to the fuse panel behind the glove compartment ( Yes, I checked the fuses) which controls the blower motor (if I am correct)? I tore down the whole wiring harness up until it plugs into under the steering wheel. Didn?t see a messed up/ Burnt wire anywhere.

So any ideas on what I can try next?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,662 Posts
This is the YJ general discussion forum.

You should get more help in the TJ Technical forum. Perhaps one of the moderators will move it to there for you.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts