Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started the process of prepping to recharge my AC, bought a can of ACPRO to pump it up as I had the usual case of the compressor cycling on and off and no cold air.
Jumped out the low pressure switch and topped it off in the middle of the green zone and it was blowing out artic cold. Mission accomplished, NO.

I shut her down and plugged the harness back in and right back to cycling again and no air. So now first thought is bad switch right, well I pulled out my VOM and tested the switch several times between cycles and each time it was still closed. Now totally frustrated I put the harness back on the switch and as I pushed it down but before the snap the clutch engaged and stayed on. I snapped it all the way and it shut down.

I wound up just bending the terminal to improve contact. Go Figure.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Glad you got it fixed. I am at 120k on my motor and have been having all kinds of crap go bad. I'm very thankful I know how to fix my issues, couldn't imagine having to pay someone. How long did you fiddle w it before getting it to work?

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you got it fixed. I am at 120k on my motor and have been having all kinds of crap go bad. I'm very thankful I know how to fix my issues, couldn't imagine having to pay someone. How long did you fiddle w it before getting it to work?
Couple 2 or 3 hours last night and 2 hours this morning, its hard when you know exactly what is wrong based on research only to discover a very rudimentary issue. Kinda screws up your day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts