Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started tearing it apart at 10:00 am yesterday morning and just finished putting it back together. The finish color is a custom black forest green with a heavy gold flake. Pictures dont do it justice.

Before anyone comments, yes, I know I need wheels, tires and a lift. This will be an ongoing project for me. New interior is in the works. I am custom fabbing bumpers(these were sitting around my shop.) And as soon as my audio installer finishes some monsterous projects he will have his way.

Attachments

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
aren't they all projects! :D

is that a linex or a rhino lining type paint.. that's pretty tough looking. i like the shot of the grill.

-bob

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
well it looks pretty bad arse! :thumb: i linex'd a pickup bed years ago, don't have it anymore, how long does that stuff usually hold up for?

-bob

·
Registered
105 Posts
So is the paint textured like the fenders?

I've never seen anything like that.. very unique! Wish I could see it in person!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you. My raptor was the first 2011 supercharged and still holds the record for most rwhp at 528. It sat on my dyne for weeks tweaking it

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Damn..........

... now that's what I'm talking about, fr***** AWESOME :thumb:

Saw a 10 or 11 F-250 a few days ago pulling into my 4x4 shop, as I pulled out onto the hi-way! College kid for Florida, with a LineX EXTERIOR in "gloss-red"! A ******** dream :whistling:

I turned around and went back inside the shop to talk to him!

Asked why:confused: His answer: while here in college, I have come to love the Virginia Mtn's but the trails were taking a beating on my paint job:punk:

The LineX exterior is almost bomb-proof:surrender:

Thanks for the pix, awesome Jeep!

·
Registered
744 Posts
How did you apply it? A sprayer? I was thinking of getting mine pained matte black to take alll the shine away but this too looks outstanding. What is approximate cost for a JKU?

·
Registered
704 Posts
... now that's what I'm talking about, fr***** AWESOME :thumb:

Saw a 10 or 11 F-250 a few days ago pulling into my 4x4 shop, as I pulled out onto the hi-way! College kid for Florida, with a LineX EXTERIOR in "gloss-red"! A ******** dream :whistling:

I turned around and went back inside the shop to talk to him!

Asked why:confused: His answer: while here in college, I have come to love the Virginia Mtn's but the trails were taking a beating on my paint job:punk:

The LineX exterior is almost bomb-proof:surrender:

Thanks for the pix, awesome Jeep!
Nothing against it, but having driven full-size trucks and an H2 on tight trails with Jeeps, the bigger guys get their paint beat up a lot more than the Jeeps.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
So where's the beer?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
raptor is a gift from the heavens. and that paint job is awesome, even with the stock height and the sra's, it just makes the jeep look great. the flat dark colors just look nice

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3-5 thousand?
yessir. there is almost $1000 in material alone figuring in paint, reducer, base, paper, tape, sand paper and scuff pads.... four people disassembled it, six people prepped it and four put it back together. glass came out, doors were completely disassembled, hood, grill, cowl, gate, top off. doing a complete is very time consuming and labor intensive. we are doing an FJ this week matte black and his bill is $5500.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
2nd look..

yessir. there is almost $1000 in material alone figuring in paint, reducer, base, paper, tape, sand paper and scuff pads.... four people disassembled it, six people prepped it and four put it back together. glass came out, doors were completely disassembled, hood, grill, cowl, gate, top off. doing a complete is very time consuming and labor intensive. we are doing an FJ this week matte black and his bill is $5500.

Look at your pix for the 2nd time:thumb: Some REAL talent there :punk:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts