Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Satellite Antenna relocate, and Cobra 75 install

I haven't been able to do too much with my '11 JKUR since I got it last August, but did a couple of recent mods that turned out well.

First, I added a Cobra 75 CB (had a previous Uniden that went kaput.) I mounted the control box in the plastic "housing" on the passengers side at the top of the windshield. I had to trim some a bit inside the plastic piece to get the control box to fit, but it tucks in there nicely. I'll have to think about weatherproofing it once the hard top comes off in the spring. Here's all that's visible of the set up (Cobra is in the console for storage until needed.)

I also relocated my GPS/Satellite antenna to the hood cowling since I have been experiencing a lot of coverage issues after adding the Gobi Stealth rack. Here's how it turned out:

And here's how she stands with my SF Giants themed decals and Gobi installed, still loving driving her every day (25k miles in just over a year....)

Happy modding!

Rich

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Wheels/tires are next, whenever the stockers have given all that they have. Probably going to do Level 8 Trackers and Duratracs.

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts