Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend and I installed a new RK X-factor lift the other day, everything went pretty well... The only issue was with the front track bar. We tried to bolt it up while compressing the front suspension (per instructions), we were a full inch off no matter the flex. We measured 3 times, the length is right, as suggested by RK. The bar orientation, and Heim joints are also correct, I just checked again. We used a winch strap attached to the frame to pull the axle over to line it up.

In my mind I keep thinking about this bolt, is it holding a sh!tTon of extra weight, I have an appointment early next week for an alignment, is this an important issue to point out to the shop, or will the alignment fix it. I confirmed that the shop will double check all the torque on the jamb nuts and flex arm bolts. I didn't upgrade to the Grade 8 bolts, I know I should have.

The Jeep is riding OK, it has some light wobbles and is what I would describe as significantly "flighty", she wants to wander, so in regards to my earlier questions what do you guys think.

I know it will be better post alignment... my main concern is the front track bar...

My goal is to be able to drive down the HWY @ 70-75mph with no worries, right now it's a comfortable 50-ish ( just town driving now)

Do I need an after market Steering stabilizer? Does my end goal require new (upgraded) drag link and Tie rod?

Looking for some direction on this... the Jeep is a 14' JKU Sahara...Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,058 Posts
x2 what kjeeper said.

at ride height is your axle centered now? I have also seen people try and install the RK track bar upside down :). I personally was not nuts about the rk track bar and traded it for a TF monster tb

·
Registered
72 Posts
I couldn't find my answer so I'm reviving this thread from the dead.

I've read that geometry correction brackets are not needed with adjustable control arms? Is anyone running correction brackets on RK2.5 xfactor? Bottom line: will they do any good to add or are they redundant with the adjustable arms?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I couldn't find my answer so I'm reviving this thread from the dead.

I've read that geometry correction brackets are not needed with adjustable control arms? Is anyone running correction brackets on RK2.5 xfactor? Bottom line: will they do any good to add or are they redundant with the adjustable arms?
You shouldn't need correction brackets if you have adjustable arms.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts