Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I was driving my '02 Sport to work, came to a stop light and stopped, the rpm's seemed to drop below idle and it was running a little rough (at idle), accelerate and everything seems fine. By the time I got to work it seemed to be idling ok. Just a fluke? Something I should look at? Run a bottle of Seafoam or injector cleaner through it?

I also had a squeal coming from the engine, took the belt off, thought it was the tensioner pully, replaced the pully and the belt, the squeal is still there. Should I replace the idler pully? The tensioner pully seemed to have a rough spot in the bearing, the idler pully seems to spin ok, but maybe a little drag to it. Anything else to look for?

Still fighting with my CEL! I guess I will have to take it in for a smoke test. I keep getting evap codes.

Thanks for your time, Scooby

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
im not sure if you ran the negine with the pulley off but NEVER DO THAT again the belt drives the oil pump and running w/out an oil pump is not a good idea!!

second is it an automatic, because meybe the rough/slow idle had to do with it sticking in gear or something i have no idea, i dont exactly understand how auto's work.

next if the pulleys arent much you might as well replace them

and lastly I know on my mom's van that she gets an evap code because one of the vacuum lines that works the heat flaps is broken. The only problem there is it takes like two seconds for the flaps to fully open. at least that is how i understand it

basicly i cant help, but am trying to
maybe some1 else will have much better info

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
im not sure if you ran the negine with the pulley off but NEVER DO THAT again the belt drives the oil pump and running w/out an oil pump is not a good idea!
For couple of seconds while idling it wouldnt do any damage but will help eliminate or point towards any of the pulleys

Any coolant leaks on the bottom by the crankshaft pulley or the steering piping/bars or soemthing there?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts