Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 93 YJ a few weeks back.. I've got a few questions:

1) I'm in need of a locking console, or glove compartment (I carry a pistol) suggestions?
2) Why in the world do my wipers have two speeds: (Off and Super fast)
3) Anyone else have a slight engine rev when shifting into neutral?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
1. Tuffy products makes the under seat lock box, or go to quadratec.com and check out the locking center consoles.

2. If you only have off and super fast, then there are 2 choices, if they have delay wipers it could be the timer box, if it doesnt then you need a new motor.

3. The slight engine rev when shifting into neutral is normal, the power steering pump has a wire coming from it that will "bump" the rpm's when you move the steering. Common in the 4 cyl.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
0III0forlife said:
1. Tuffy products makes the under seat lock box, or go to quadratec.com and check out the locking center consoles.

2. If you only have off and super fast, then there are 2 choices, if they have delay wipers it could be the timer box, if it doesnt then you need a new motor.

3. The slight engine rev when shifting into neutral is normal, the power steering pump has a wire coming from it that will "bump" the rpm's when you move the steering. Common in the 4 cyl.
Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I installed the Shittybuilt locking center console from Quadratec. I keep my pistol and radio faceplate in there while at work.

I added two blue LED lights to the dome light circuit so they light up the inside when the door is open or when the dome light is on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts