Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend we got started on a re-build for a 77 CJ-7 that a buddy of mine owns (1WHTJP) on this board. The CJ has been in my garage for about a month now and it was time for some deconstruction.

Here's what it looked like when we started. :D

Removal of the old C4 and Jeep Dana 20 TCase. We'll be replacing it with a drivers drop Ford Dana 20 TCase that is already setup for Twin Sticks.

Here are the new axles that are going in it. Waggy D44's. We are doing it spring over with XJ leafs in the rear to gain some wheelbase for the 39" Iroks that are going on it.

After removal of the rear axle and takin the sazall to the rear fenders to get ready for the comp corners from Genright.

And finally what it looks like right now after we got the rest of the drivetrain out.

And one last random pic of me finishing a beer and a smoke before we called it a night. Or morning. I can't remember which.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
I think I've seen that CJ somewhere but can't remember exactly. Looks like fun guys - wish I had a garage still.

Are those waggy's getting any kind of special treatment?

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
lookin good, keep it posted.

·
Registered
29 Posts
they've already gotten the attention. 5.38 gearing with Chromo, ctm and a lockrite up front. The rear ofcourse 5.38's and welded. they should hopefully work out great! And add some 40's.

I think I've seen that CJ somewhere but can't remember exactly. Looks like fun guys - wish I had a garage still.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

We've heard that before. Supposedly Simon should know a lot about this jeep. Haven't seen him around to ask him about it lately. :D

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice start, keep the pics coming!
Unfortunately this project came to an end. The drivetrain will be retained, but the build will now take place on a YJ Tub and Frame. It's just going to be a better platform to work off of.

·
Registered
8,162 Posts
whats wrong with that tub?

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whats wrong with that tub?
There's absolutely nothing wrong with that tub. You'd be hard pressed to find a cleaner 77 CJ-7 tub. No rust what so ever. It's the CJ frame that isn't going to hold up to the repeated riggers of rock crawling. He is going to be trading the CJ tub plus a couple hundred bucks and the local jeep yard is going to let him pick out whichever YJ Tub and Frame he wants.

·
Administrator
12,487 Posts
We are not going to read in a few weeks that he then traded the YJ frame in on a TJ's are we?

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are not going to read in a few weeks that he then traded the YJ frame in on a TJ's are we?
Funny thing is that he's had this CJ twice now. A YJ and TJ. All unfortunately needed to be gotten rid of for one reason or another. Now the heep is just for a toy as there are plenty of kid wagons in the family. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts