Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I'm in the Chicagoland area for work, but flew into Midway, which I've never done before.

Get to the car rental joint, and find a Wrangler waiting for me. Same as the one I bought a month or two ago, but with a soft top, roll down windows, and no power locks.

Great to drive one instead of a frikkin Malibu or something like that, and made me glad I went with the other options. Soft top looks like it would be GREAT to take down in two minutes, but is definitely louder.

All in all, I'm just happy to have a Wrangler for the week!!!!!!!!!!! :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was in Colorado last summer and the lady at the rental counter asked me if we would like an upgrade. First, she asked if we wanted a Camaro. I declined. She then asked if we wanted an SUV. Again, I declined. Then, she said, "Are you sure? It's a 2011 Jeep Wrangler!"

Out dropped the credit card to cover the upgrade! It pretty much sealed the deal for my current JKU.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was so thrilled to see it (and I've never seen one at a rental car joint before, and I travel a LOT for work), that I had to ask one of the employees if that was for rent.

It is just putting a smile on my face, since I'm usually stuck with boring sedans. The soft top is really interesting though. Noisier, but probably easy to take down. Makes me tempted to buy one and swap them with the seasons!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
I was so thrilled to see it (and I've never seen one at a rental car joint before, and I travel a LOT for work), that I had to ask one of the employees if that was for rent.
Man, I travel a TON. Never knew you could get a Wrangler...what rental agency was it?

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
I tried like heck to get one in San Antonio this summer. With no luck.

So I said screw it and went and bought one the next weekend. LMAO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, I travel a TON. Never knew you could get a Wrangler...what rental agency was it?
National. Had to be emerald aisle executive level to get it (or probably pay more????)

I've been stuck with so many Malibus, Impalas, and other generic cars I can't even see straight. I've driven a couple Mustangs and other fun stuff, but the thing that got me into my current Wrangler was when I rented a Grand Cherokee 3 or 4 months ago, and thought about buying one.

A coworker said, "dude...get a GC when you have a wife and kids...in the meantime, lets go for a ride."

...Which is how I ended up here. So I suppose I can thank National for getting me to buy a Wrangler, then letting me rent one.

I've never seen one at any airport before, so perhaps Chicago Midway is an exception?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried like heck to get one in San Antonio this summer. With no luck.

So I said screw it and went and bought one the next weekend. LMAO.
You did better for yourself by taking the plunge. Mine is under 2k old and I'm still glad I bought it :D

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Just came back from Kauai, two kinds of rentals: Convertable mustangs and JKs, I don't like fords anyway, worked out great!

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
National. Had to be emerald aisle executive level to get it (or probably pay more????)

I've been stuck with so many Malibus, Impalas, and other generic cars I can't even see straight. I've driven a couple Mustangs and other fun stuff, but the thing that got me into my current Wrangler was when I rented a Grand Cherokee 3 or 4 months ago, and thought about buying one.

A coworker said, "dude...get a GC when you have a wife and kids...in the meantime, lets go for a ride."

...Which is how I ended up here. So I suppose I can thank National for getting me to buy a Wrangler, then letting me rent one.

I've never seen one at any airport before, so perhaps Chicago Midway is an exception?
Thanks. Good to know. If they've got em in Chicago, they'll have em elsewhere. For example...places you might really need em?

Good info. :thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just came back from Kauai, two kinds of rentals: Convertable mustangs and JKs, I don't like fords anyway, worked out great!
Same here, rented a new JK in Kona, HI. last month and then when I got home I had to have one!

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
BillyPete said:
Same here, rented a new JK in Kona, HI. last month and then when I got home I had to have one!
It's a cool place to rent one, and I heard quite a few people say they want to buy one when they get home. Way to go Chrysler/jeep!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yep. In Hawaii ever other rental car is a Jeep. When I was there for work (I hate my job) I tried to upgrade to a JK but they didn't have any available so I ended up with a Liberty. It wasn't a JK but it was better than some crappy sedan.

·
Registered
167 Posts
At Nantucket, it is all about Jeep Wranglers and Mini Coopers....I rented a Jeep Wrangler at Nantucket a couple years ago....Now I own one....and a convertible mini cooper, too! Two of the most fun vehicles on the road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts