Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i purchased fog light euro guards from rugged ridge.the problem is that when i took out the fog light ,the fog light guard did not fit in the hole in the bumper.has anyone purchased this product and did you have the same problem. any solution or tip will be appreciated.:banghead:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
i purchased fog light euro guards from rugged ridge.the problem is that when i took out the fog light ,the fog light guard did not fit in the hole in the bumper.has anyone purchased this product and did you have the same problem. any solution or tip will be appreciated.:banghead:
From looking at the directions online, step #3 says: Insert Euro Guards into fog light opening such that the O-Ring is in contact with the bumper. The bars of each Euro Guard should be vertical. (there's a photo next to it...looks like they're not supposed to fit inside the hole.)

Step #4 says: Reinstall fog lights and tighten all screws. It may be helpful to have someone hold the Euro Guards in place from the front of the bumper while the screws are tightened from the back.

5. From the front of the vehicle, check to make sure O-rings are properly seated between the Euro Guards and the bumper.

From the directions and the accompanying photos, it seems that the O-rings are what actually hold the guards against the front opening for the fog lights.

You ARE looking at the directions, aren't you?

Best I can do for you, till someone who actually has them chimes in.

Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank for responding. i did follow instructions and they looked easy enough. the prob is when the fog light is put back in with the fog guards on inside it doesnt look like a tight fit. the fog light screws are also too small to fit back in. it looks like the fog guard was made just a hair too big

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
thank for responding. i did follow instructions and they looked easy enough. the prob is when the fog light is put back in with the fog guards on inside it doesnt look like a tight fit. the fog light screws are also too small to fit back in. it looks like the fog guard was made just a hair too big
Man, that stinks. I've found that very products "fit" like the mfr says.

thanks for the response kbwwolf
:thumb:

·
Registered
160 Posts
This thread is referring to just the foglights right?
I have the head lights and turn signals and they fit without issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts