Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Man, when you get stuck you don't mess around. Thanks for sharing the pics of your misfortune and welcome to the forum.

Jeff

·
Administrator
30,780 Posts
You had to be pulled out by a TRAIN?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My buddies kept telling me for years that I should have sent these pics in to some magazine, but I never figured anyone would be interested in them. We had already hung up another Jeep trying to pull me free. The train came by & gave us a hand. He pulled me free like I wasn't even there.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That take it!..lol I challenge someone to top being pulled out by a train!...lol

Sorry it happened tho, bud...so awesome tho!..:D

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
OMG, can't say I've been pulled out by a train before!

Sucks being stuck that bad but hey, it turned out good in the end...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a head ache that night, but it's all good now. She sat in that hole over 24 hours before help arrived. I think I had about 70k miles on it at the time, I'm over 200k on it now. (It's my daily driver)

When they got me out, I pulled the floor plugs & drained the water from the inside, cranked the engine & water shot out of the tailpipe. Cranked it again & she fired up. Drove her back home & gave her a good pressure washing. Drained the front & rear end.

·
Registered
802 Posts
good one!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
That is awesome! NO ONE prolly can say they were recovered by the biggest heaviest land vehicle ever!! Usually trains don't go where people Jeep, but you sir were lucky. Send that in the Robertsons Offroad, or Offroad Adventures! And mention the Wranglerforum ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Xjman1 - I've got one of those pics on my office wall, when people ask about it, I tell them about the time I had to pull a coal train with my Jeep. :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
12 Wheel drive, GE Diesel Engine with 12 Cylinders @ 4400 HP can pull the equivalent of 170 Boeing 747 jetliners. Congrats. I wish there were more pics of this. that is intense. get stuck again and wait for the next train and lets try this again.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
2002Apex said:
12 Wheel drive, GE Diesel Engine with 12 Cylinders @ 4400 HP can pull the equivalent of 170 Boeing 747 jetliners. Congrats. I wish there were more pics of this. that is intense. get stuck again and wait for the next train and lets try this again.
So wait . You got stuck by the tracks so you waved down a train and they stopped for you?

Maybe conductor was a jeeper

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So wait . You got stuck by the tracks so you waved down a train and they stopped for you?

Maybe conductor was a jeeper
The train was actually stopped just barely insight of the Jeep. They saw us from a distance & pulled the train up to where we were with the intention of running us off. Once they saw the predicament that I was in they offered a hand.

It greatly helped that my dad had actually trained the engineer who was running the train that day. In his words, "I'll either pull you out or I'll pull you in half."

1 - 20 of 40 Posts