Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car & Driver's blog did a quick bit on the 707HP TrailCat in advance of the Easter Safari;

Jeep Trailcat is the 707-hp Hellcat-Powered Wrangler from Hell –Â*News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

They say the Supercharged Hemi is matted to a 6-speed auto, but don't mention which one, assuming it's the Tremec TR-6060 from the Challenger & Viper platforms.

They lengthened the wheelbase, not sure about the drivetrain, etc.

Hopefully they reinforced the sportcage for the inevitable times it's upside down, but definitely looks like some CucKoo Bananas FUN !!

Also some info on it and other Easter Safari concepts @ Detroit Free Press;
Jeep unveils 7 concept SUVs, including 707-hp Trailcat

·
Registered
65 Posts
Absolutely love it, I only wish they would do a limited run on all the one-off wranglers.

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
Just the fact they can stuff a 392 Hemi or 372 Hellcat Hemi into a JK platform is amazing.

Not sure the JL will be that flexible...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
manual....not auto
Love it and would buy one!
Yeah, sorry dunno why I wrote that.. I knew it was manual, thus the mention of the Tremec. Feeble brain while multi-tasking at work. :banghead:

But yeah, nice to see them sticking with a manual and not just the slushbox from the Hellcats. Kinda gives hope for some push somewhere for possible manual love in the future for the JL.

Not sure how easy it would be to feather power-deliver during an off-road/crawling scenario, but it'd be fun rowing through the gears on some tarmac or even on some level dirt & mud or up a hill.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts