Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
I pretty much guarantee it will happen. When the board see the amount of cost they can reduce by having it made in China, and then redirect those profit into bonuses for themselves, it will happen.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Plus, China is where the students take engineering classes, why should they have to move to the US to build our cars for us?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Much more acurate:
http://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/n..._host_hdr=news.yahoo.com&.intl=US&.lang=en-US

Jeep made the BJ212 or somesuch that was based on the XJ from '84-'09, then the Beijing auto group in charge went belly up. In 2011 a joint venture with a new group & Johnson Controls was supposed to open, but as of yet has not.

As stated in the article, Chrysler is just trying to get back into the largest auto market on Earth, and folks who are eager to ignore facts to slam Obama run with it.

·
Registered
635 Posts
These Jeeps will be built in China for the Asian market, not to be imported into the US. With the disparity in trade and the way China is ripping off other country's manufactured goods this at least allows Jeep to make money overseas for something that wouldnt get the coverage it will with production taking place over there. Other US manufacturers are doing this as well. I recently read Cadillac is doing this as well.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
These Jeeps will be built in China for the Asian market, not to be imported into the US. With the disparity in trade and the way China is ripping off other country's manufactured goods this at least allows Jeep to make money overseas for something that wouldnt get the coverage it will with production taking place over there. Other US manufacturers are doing this as well. I recently read Cadirrac is doing this as well.
FTFY :whistling:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hoe does Chrysler building vehicles in China ride on the election?

You mean if the current president is reelected you will no longer be able to afford the payments?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.