Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as my uncle and I where trying to figure out why the jeep was jerking to the left when you hit the gas, we just figured the control arms were shot, which they were. So we replaced them and took it for a test drive, it still jerked, well we put it on the jack stands and spun the tires by hand and thats when we realized the left tire was moving independently and something was wrong internally.... well hour later found that the Detroit locker had torn apart on the left side... so here is my issue I have a arb compressor and lines already ran due to the last owner...

I found some yukon zip lockers that are in my price range was wondering how everyone felt about them, I do light wheeling and mostly pavement. The axle is a dana 35 with 30 spline superior axle shafts with 4.56 gears

·
Sponsoring Vendor
330 Posts
The Detroit is fairly easy to tear into and you possibly may need just a new drive collar. To what a friend of mine who used to be a rep for Eaton (Detroit Locker) once said when I had an S35, this is a failure which can happen, probably due to housing flex. (I trussed mine) Since the Locker itself is the same size as any D35 locker, the parts sizes must remain. Except you are now stuffing a bigger axle shaft with 3 more splines into the drive collar, so it's inner diameter must be machined larger (essentially making a "weaker" drive collar).

I don't have any experience with the Zip locker so can't help you there, sorry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts