Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, i went on a road trip and the whole time was wishing that there was a fancy phone holder. Now I'm not the type to go to Target and spend $8 on something I can make for just $4, so i made my own....so to speak.

Basically i took the air vent that is on the left side of the radio and rotated it to the closed position. I then put a piece of self adheasive velcro (the rough part) on it.

On the back side of my phone i put the other piece of velcro (the fuzzy part). It works really well, but i like it because I like where it puts the phone....easy to see/reach.

:)

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
That's not a bad idea. I have mirrors on my outside vents, maybe some super sticky velcro on the inside vents coudl come in handy. I would not keep my phone there...but maybe some other temporary items.

Edit:
Now I'm considering removing my mirrors from the outside vents, and replacing them with velcro....then velcro-ing the mirrors to the vents. I wonder if that would hold up at highway speeds?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I came across this on a the Helen Jeep Fest Facebook page:

it was like $44.00 from amazon. it took a ram motorcycle base # RAM-B-367U and a 1 inch double socket arm # B005KWPJ04 and a xgrip holder # RAM-HOL-UN7BU. Pick up a 3 inch coarse thread screw from home depot and replace the decorative factory screw and your done.
The screw they are talking about is on the left hand screw on the "Oh @#$" bar about the glove box. I ended up having to use a longer screw though. Been using it for almost a year w/o any issues.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Funny, I did the same thing, but my velcro was down on the center console in front of the shifter. Yeah, there's a small piece of velcro on the phone (soft side, of course).

·
Commercial Member
1,045 Posts
Now I'm considering removing my mirrors from the outside vents, and replacing them with velcro....then velcro-ing the mirrors to the vents. I wonder if that would hold up at highway speeds?
Yes, they will stay on at speed. My mirrors are a tad larger than vent and they stay on with no problem with 1" of Velcro.

·
Registered
35 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts