Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 4door wrangler with the full hard top.

We just took all of the doors and the roof off for the first time.

The back of the jeep looks very unfinished with the frame around the luggage area ... sort of bare steel lip with the empty bolt holes, etc. are there some inserts / top pieces I could attach to that to finish it off ?

Something like the guards you put on the top sides of a pickup truck to protect the metal finish on the top edge of the bed ? I searched around but am not even sure what to call this ...

Any other pieces to help me finish off the doors/roof off configuration ? I think I may get the tube doors, but other than that ...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm ... I was looking for something like a bed cap, like you see on pickup trucks covering the top edge of the bed. So, one piece for each side and just covers up the top edge to finish things off and protect what is normally hidden underneath the roof assembly...

I searched for bed caps, and just "caps" for jeep wrangler and did not find anything, unfortunately.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a 2016 4door wrangler with the full hard top.

We just took all of the doors and the roof off for the first time.

The back of the jeep looks very unfinished with the frame around the luggage area ... sort of bare steel lip with the empty bolt holes, etc. are there some inserts / top pieces I could attach to that to finish it off ?

Something like the guards you put on the top sides of a pickup truck to protect the metal finish on the top edge of the bed ? I searched around but am not even sure what to call this ...

Any other pieces to help me finish off the doors/roof off configuration ? I think I may get the tube doors, but other than that ...

Try https://www.facebook.com/JeepJKDropTopz/

·
Registered
24 Posts
I never had any issues with them and i am disappointed to hear others have had a bad experience with them. They delivered on time and everything fit perfectly on my JKU. That being said, yours looks great and its cool seeing people who have the knowledge and skills to make their own.

I hope they correct/fix all issues with past customers and i hope they stay in business. Only saying that based on my experience with them.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,525 Posts
It sounds like what you are looking for are "tub rail caps." I am not aware of any for JK's, but here's an example for a TJ:

Your best bet would be what others have recommended, from Dusters/Tonno covers to Tuffy or other brand products that mount back there.

-Rick

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It sounds like what you are looking for are "tub rail caps." I am not aware of any for JK's, but here's an example for a TJ:

Your best bet would be what others have recommended, from Dusters/Tonno covers to Tuffy or other brand products that mount back there.

-Rick
Yes - that is exactly what I am looking for.

Why wouldn't these have been made for the JK series ?

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,525 Posts
Yes - that is exactly what I am looking for.

Why wouldn't these have been made for the JK series ?
To be honest, I am not certain. I'll pass this on to my product design team now, though!

-Rick

·
Hye Climber in Chief
268 Posts
I would be in for this non-existent product as well. Would go well when everything comes off on my Sunset Orange 2dr.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
If the product design team can come up with something that can stay installed with the soft top on, I'd also be interested.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

·
Sponsoring Vendor
2,525 Posts
Heard back already. It seems Omix-Ada had this at one point. From what I am being told the amount of sales would not justify the cost spent for the machining and such. Sorry guys & gals!

-Rick

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Heard back already. It seems Omix-Ada had this at one point. From what I am being told the amount of sales would not justify the cost spent for the machining and such. Sorry guys & gals!

-Rick
Oh well. It's not something I ever thought I needed or wanted until seeing this thread!

·
Premium Member
2,940 Posts

-Rick

Well, get some made for the JK!! Would love some!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I notice that this line of custom jeeps:

JEEP COMMANDO

... has the part I am looking for ... see the black caps they have on the cargo area of that tan jeep ?

I would have to call them, however, since I don't see a part like that in their Jeep section of their website...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts