Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Jeep lovers,

I am new to wrenching around…. but very passionate about learning and diving in. Before I dive in too deep I want to learn the basics and know some important things. I just bought a 2002 TJ that originally had a 4 cyl but now has a 6 cyl with a nice strong low milage engine. It runs great… def needs some help with the electrical, as the airbag light is on, check engine light is on, the heater vent changer doesn't work and the hot cold knob does nothing…. so basically just the fan level knob works and it blows a steady luke warm… I will get to all that eventually… My major concern right now is the fact that the front end feels a little swimmy and it does get into a wobble here and there… I would like to start there. Maybe tighten up that whole front end and get an alignment done. The front end is all Currie. The jeep is lifted on 35's.. Where would I get the torque specs?? Do I have to lubricate all bolts?? as they all look like they are getting a little rusty. To change the diff. fluid do I have to take the diff plate right off and then regasket and refill? Its a 5 speed.. probably ax 15 I'm thinking… is there a transmission fluid I should change? and how about the fluid in the transfer case? and what are the best fluids? I really just want to go over this beast and have it tight and freshly lubricated… and have the suspension nice and tight… I had a friend tell me that permatex gasket maker is great for any gaskets on the vehicle and I basicly can just use that and not have to get gaskets, is that good advice?? Any advice is greatly appreciated… I am just a young jedi looking to be guided by good wisdom….

1 - 1 of 1 Posts