Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to start adding some electrical accessories and am contemplating where to mount the necessary switches.

The two most popular seem to be the A-pillar pod (by Rugged Ridge) and the lower center console pod (by Daystar).

Any pros/cons to either of these? Is one much better quality than the other?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just FYI - the daystar lower center console pod will not work if you have a manual transmission. It will work on automatics though. If I had the choice I would have ordered the Daystar. However, I have had no issues with my A-pillar switch pod.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you have preferred the center console?

Mine is a auto, so I have this option.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the A-pillar pod from RR and I chose to go with the Daystar switches just because I like the look of the Daystar switches better. Install was simple as long as you take your time cutting out the slots for the switches. I have not had any issues up to this point. Have had it installed for about 6 months now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I went with the A pillar mount. For me, it is a more convenient location (easy reach and easier to read). For switches, my preferance is the Carling switch. It has two lights, one dependent (only on when the switch is on) and one independent (wired to my lights so it is only on when my headlights or fog lights are on). OTRATTW.net have the switches and a large selection of rockers. They will also custom make as well.

There is a pic of my setup in my Jeep profile, if you want to take a look.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I added the Daystar panel to the center console, I didn't want the switch lights up in my field of view the daystar switches are bright.
You do loose the net for storage and the coin tray is harder to access.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Why would you have preferred the center console?

Mine is a auto, so I have this option.
I like the looks better and also I tend to drive in the rain with my top off a lot and worry about water getting into the switches on my a-pillar. Even with a bikini top - that area is not protected from heavy rain whereas mounted down low in the center less change of moisture.

·
Registered
109 Posts
A-pillar

RR or DayStar . . . easy wiring access on that side panel and through the firewall hole.

Check fitment for newer year models on all considerations.

Cut out the holes for switched with a good box cutter and some with some manly persuasion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts