Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started messing with my 2015 JK and ran into a couple issues (sorry the pics are sideways):

I installed tube sliders that are attached to the body-frame mounts (1st pic). Of course I did not use a torque wrench and overtightened the bolt and am guessing that I popped a welded nut free since the bolt can't be tightened down now. How bad is this and how to I fix it?

I also replaced the stock rear bumper with one that does not cover the same area that the old one did and now have an open gap at the bottom of my rear fender flares (2nd pic). Is there a standard fix for this if I want to keep the stock flares?

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Started messing with my 2015 JK and ran into a couple issues (sorry the pics are sideways):

I installed tube sliders that are attached to the body-frame mounts (1st pic). Of course I did not use a torque wrench and overtightened the bolt and am guessing that I popped a welded nut free since the bolt can't be tightened down now. How bad is this and how to I fix it?

I also replaced the stock rear bumper with one that does not cover the same area that the old one did and now have an open gap at the bottom of my rear fender flares (2nd pic). Is there a standard fix for this if I want to keep the stock flares?

Any help would be much appreciated - thanks!
Not sure what to tell you on the first one you have to research that one for hope somebody knows what to do as far as the second problem I just cut the little extra part off looks factory.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Get the tube sliders welded on.
+1 on that idea.

When I had my sliders made, they originally mounted to the body mount bolts. I got sick of the knocking over bumps so we cut the mounts off the slider, made new mounts and plates, then we welded the slider to the body instead of using the body mount points. I also now feel a little more secure that when I hit a rock it won't cause possible damage to my body mount points as well.

**EDIT**

Check the end of the bolt, We installed a buddy's body lift last night and 2 of his bolts wouldn't go back in. Found out the threading on the end was completely sheered off.

·
Registered
891 Posts
+1 on that idea. When we made my sliders they originally mounted to the body mount bolts. I got sick of the knocking over bumps so we cut the mounts off the slider, made new mounts and plates, then we welded them on. I also now feel a little more secure that when I hit a rock it won't cause possible damage to my body mount points as well.
Nice! Those look solid. Way more so than a couple bolts. I'm in the process of doing the same.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys - think I'll go the welded route and ask the dealership about the body mount bolt not tightening. Maybe I can access the other side of it somehow

·
Registered
616 Posts
As far as hiding the pinch seem and getting the bumper to sit closer to the flares, you might be able to slot the mounting holes in the bumper and use a floor jack to get it up closer to the body.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts