Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new Jeep owner, and someone who normally writes about Porsches, I thought it would be interesting to pen some initial thoughts in Autoweek . I have done a fair bit of off roading in some very obscure places, but this is the first Jeep I have ever owned.

2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited drive review - Autoweek

At other times and places I have:

-Driven Land Rovers in the Negev in Israel

-Offroaded a Mahindra in the Rajasthan desert in India

-and all sorts of stuff in AZ including my Cayenne and an unfortunate Cherokee that was washed away in a flash flood......

So it should be fun to get more serious with a Jeep:)_

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nice! Note that you can buy aftermarket door stops to ditch those nylon straps. They're easy to disconnect for when you want to remove the doors. Check out Quatratec for Armadillo Door Stops.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Nice article indeed.

I see you noted that it ran out of steam one time. Do you know what gear ratio your Wrangler had? 3.21's or 3.73's?

Also did you swap Wranglers at one point?

Most of your pics don't show sidesteps....but one pick does (with a blue sticker on the window):

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Well done! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Yeah the doors are one of my wife's biggest complaints.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Great review!

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Great review!

·
Registered
899 Posts
Great article. I agree with your review. The fit & finish is great, the soft top is surprisingly quiet and the highway handling is much better than expected with a 2 axel off road (extremely) capable SUV.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
nice work!!!

Would love to read your comments on the Mahindra.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice write up!

One correction - Crown King is not North of Scottsdale, but rather North of the West Valley, specifically Peoria. Crown King is a popular destination for 4 wheelers wanting to take a day trip. The back route is the fun way to go. :thumb:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Great review!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice write up!

One correction - Crown King is not North of Scottsdale, but rather North of the West Valley, specifically Peoria. Crown King is a popular destination for 4 wheelers wanting to take a day trip. The back route is the fun way to go. :thumb:
My geography is in its infancy:)...Love AZ though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice article indeed.

I see you noted that it ran out of steam one time. Do you know what gear ratio your Wrangler had? 3.21's or 3.73's?

Also did you swap Wranglers at one point?

Most of your pics don't show sidesteps....but one pick does (with a blue sticker on the window):

Day 1 I drove it 500 miles with no sidesteps
Day 2 I have them fitted and drove it a whole lot more:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts