Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My soft top has developed an annoying problem this summer - it has stretched out so that when I take out all the windows, the rear flaps will come popping off and start flapping about at high speeds. I'm about to do 3000 miles or more on the road, and this is going to be aggravating. I was thinking of trying something half-sane, like drilling a hole through the front of the metal retainers and the plastic flanges that attach to them, and running a good zip tie through. If the fronts can't peel off, then the rest should stay put. But if anyone has a BETTER idea than this very lame bodge, I'd love to hear it!

·
Registered
407 Posts
I used the rear window ties for when you roll up the window. It is a pain having to pull off the sail panels every time you need to do it though. When I got my clover patch window roll there were two velcro straps in the roll, and they are the perfect length to wrap around the sail panel. Holds them rock solid at highway speeds. They measure at 1" wide nylon strap and 27" long with a couple inches of velcro sewn. Wouldn't be hard to make.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts