Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have this bit of a wobble when I turn my wheel sharp in either direction. Say pulling into a parking lot to do a u turn . It happens at slow speed I'm to afraid to try it at a fast speed . I can even feel it in the steering wheel bad. 35 tires with a lift. It almost feels as if it would buckle at a faster speed. I did have a bad wobble between 40 mph and 50 , but I had the two front tires balanced and it pretty much stopped but lately soon after I noticed the wobble while turning sharp it has started to wobble a little bit at 40 mph,. Anyone have any tips on what the heck is going on? Thanks .. Michael & Raine

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not sure what you mean by wobble, but if you recently dealt with death wobble you may want to check your control arm mounts.

After chasing, and finally solving my death wobble, I had a weird.....dunno, shimmy/wobble/bump/somethingorother....that I just couldn't trace. Out of frustration I pulled all of the control arms off so that I could really check everything. I found the passenger side, frame side upper and lower control arm mounts had wallowed out bolt holes. Not a lot but enough to know it wasn't right. After welding a washer on there to take the play out, I haven't had anything since.

With 37s, 4" lift, and no hydro assist its back to driving damn near like it was stock. Stupidest, smallest damn things sometimes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Maybe check your front axle ujoints.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts