Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took me 4 years to realize Aamco never reconnected my reverse switch. Reconnected it today, they put nuts and bolts in the wrong locations as well on the bell housing. Next time the clutch is my project!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I had a buddy a couple years ago that took his Mustang to AAMCO. He needed it done quick as he was about to PCS for EOD training, so he took it there. A couple weeks later and it was done. For what it ended up costing him he said he could have easily bought a Tremec T-6 and installed it himself. He took the Mustang in for a fairly minor fix at that.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,469 Posts
Aamco is the transmission repair place I love to recommend against. As a franchise operation that gives each location strict sales quotas to achieve, it is my personal opinion that they are as likely to overcharge you and do a shoddy job as the sun will rise in the morning. :)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Aw, c'mon. I've heard AAmco has one of the best training programs of all the chain transmission stores. Trade schools take 2 years, colleges take the same time. AAmco does it in one week! That's intensive! After they graduate, they go back to the store and can train the other employees - maybe even be a manager!

Something I've always wondered - a serious question - Why do most good auto tranny guys have Southern accents?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts