Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my Coopers installed today and of course the tire shop had them pumped up to 40 psi. I was wondering what a good tire pressure is for them? I am currently running them at 28 psi. They ride great. Is that an ok pressure for them? I tried doing the chalk test, but these damn side walls are so stiff, that I still have some non wear showing on about a 1/2 inch on the outside lug. Should I try going lower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
28 is where i settled for the tire pressure in my 37" coopers. any lower and you risk the tire rolling under in a hard corner (or evasive maneuver).

Reactions: nycgags

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Thanks Hedgehog. I didn't want to go too low. Just trying to maximize the life of the tires. Dang things were expensive lol

·
Registered
433 Posts
I think proper pressure also depends on the wheel width.

Narrower wheels should run a lower pressure to compensate for the squeezing that forces the tire to peel the edges of the tread up off the ground. Where as a wider width tire would lay the tread flat.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
25-28 is where I would run them.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Surprising they are pretty quiet for what they are. A little bit noises then my old terra grapplers but with the windows up and radio going you won't hear them. They are very good with the 50 miles I have put on them so far. And pics because I am a dork

1 - 7 of 7 Posts