Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My jeep is running like shit can't go faster then 5mph sound and feels like something's hitting under the good and I replaced spark plugs wires ECU AND fuel filter this is bs I'm on my last hope idk what to do

·
Registered
149 Posts
Could be timing
as in timing chain/belt (not sure what these jeeps use ;)
But if it jumped a tooth or two it can cause symptons like this

·
Registered
801 Posts
Does it idle ok but then chokes out under throttle? Does it accelerate and then lose power or no power from the start? What changed from the time it was running ok?

Was it running rich before you swapped out the ECU? It might have plugged the cat...

So many possibilities... tell us more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay it starts up idles like the beauty it is then when I start going it looses power drastically and as soon as I go home and hold it in neutral it's fine . I literally 29 minutes ago replaced the ECU idk what else to do. If you think you got an idea shoot me questions please any helps necessary

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
OK, it idles just fine but has no power under load???That sounds like it could be the Cat or the injectors are not getting fuel.

·
Administrator
12,548 Posts
clogged muffler/ bad cat perhaps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If its not the cat, maybe check your sensors on the motor! Have you downloaded it? Some people remove the check engine light bulb so it don't light up!

·
Registered
45 Posts
BTW if it is the cat you can tap on it! If you hear alot of stuff moving around in there its a good chance its clogged. Just my quick .02

·
Registered
801 Posts
I vote for clogged cat. That usually worsens progressively until it begins to make the engine run rich then it clogs fast at which point it superheats and the matrix breaks down inside the can and almost completely clogs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just reading the posts and am by no means an exhaust expert but if it were clogged that bad wouldn't it affect idle too?

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
If it isnt clogged completely it will allow the motor to idle. Youngin, can you rev the motor when its in neutral? or does it spit and sputter then too?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts