Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4 cyl 1997 Wrangler has a 4 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift with 15in 33's for tires. I still have ALOT of wheel well space.. whats the largest i can put on the 15 inch rims I plan driving this daily and dont want to affect things with larger rims....any ideas??

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
ask someone on the tj forum

·
Registered
312 Posts
First, your Jeep is a TJ not a YJ so you should be posting in the forum thats located right above this one on the main page.

But to answer your question: If you aren't concerned with the cost you may be safe fitting 35's to 37's underneath it (from what I've read elsewhere on the forum)
To be perfectly honest though, with a 4 cyl and that much lift I personally wouldn't go over 33's simply because you're already moving a lot of weight with a not so powerful engine. adding a couple inches to your tires will greatly affect the weight you're moving and will tank your gas mileage as well as put too much stress on your axles and tranny. This is all my humble opinion and you don't have to listen to a word I"m saying but I wouldn't want you losing a ton of money in the long run if you got the bigger tires without regearing and strengthening up all your steering components as well as your transmission. Just my .02

But to each his own I suppose. Hope everything works out for you with this.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
My 4 cyl 1997 Wrangler has a 4 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift with 15in 33's for tires. I still have ALOT of wheel well space.. whats the largest i can put on the 15 inch rims I plan driving this daily and dont want to affect things with larger rims....any ideas??
Take out the body lift..... problems solved. Bigger tires will make you hate your Jeep.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts