Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be installed on a '92 wrangler. I will have the top off for most of the summer, but it rains a lot in OR so I have a hardtop on in the winter and soft top in spring/fall. I don't have a soundbar.....yet.

For the head unit, I'm looking at the Sony CDXM10 Marine CD player. I don't care about functionality much. It has a CD player and aux input. Cool. I just want it to sound decent, not absolute garbage.

The dash speaker's I'm looking at are Polk Audio DB461 4-by-6-Inch Coaxial Speakers.

Main concerns. I don't want to purchase an amp or sub because they take up room and I worry about theft, if necessary I will get them down the road. When I add the soundbar, will I be able to just wire up the extra two speakers to the HU? I assume if I picked up a 6-spkr sound bar, I would need the amp?

Also, the PO said he had a new HU in and just took it out when he sold it to me and put the old HU back in. Should it be an easy swap for a new HU? I know how to match colors pretty well.

Links on Amazon:
HU: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-CDXM10-Marine-Receiver-Slot/dp/B0012QEVZG

Spkrs: Amazon.com: Polk Audio DB461 4-by-6-Inch Coaxial Speakers (Pair, Black): Car Electronics

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Sony is a big no no on car audio products

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I didn't have to add an amp when I upgraded to a six speaker speaker bar. I added a MTX powered sub which I secured in the back with an instatrunk to prevent theft and keep it out of sight. I also added a Sony digital media player that opens up and you put your IPOD inside. I know some say stay away from Sony but I've been happy so far.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't have to add an amp when I upgraded to a six speaker speaker bar.

Does the speaker bar, no matter whether 2 speakers or 6, just have one set of wires that you hook up to the head unit then? That sounds nice.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
It should only be one connection I believe. My jeep already had an old two speaker bar so I'm not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts