Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally have the dealer on the same page as me on a 2013 sport.
There are just 2 hurdles to get past...
Get the wife's final ok
and
sell the Harley..........:dance:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Just do it! :)

Make sure the wife is OK with it and keep the bike!
i agree, don't get rid of the bike. try and get it without losing your hog :thumb:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Medical issues with our health keeps the bike in the garage more then on the road. Plus, on a fixed income I cant swing both payments to easy, and since the bike is my main transportation it just makes sense to sell it and get a JEEP!!......lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
No chance of trading it in? Of course you lose on the value of it, but it should also take your sales taxes down a notch which might mitigate that a bit. It beats missing out on a Jeep you want while you wait for it to sell.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I miss my bike, but…I don't miss it when
the top is off
When I put my dog in the back
When it rains
When I am stuck in traffic on a sweltering hot day.
When I have someone pull out in front of me
You get the idea. I had bikes for 15+ years and they were a part of me, but after some really close accidents with my wife on back two summers ago, I rode a lot less. Then I just thought, "Why am I keeping this when I only rode it a few thousand miles last year and probably will put on even less. Plus it costs me a lot in maintenance and registration to the point it is not worth it."
So I sold it and started looking at Wranglers. I am super happy with my decision.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Medical issues with our health keeps the bike in the garage more then on the road. Plus, on a fixed income I cant swing both payments to easy, and since the bike is my main transportation it just makes sense to sell it and get a JEEP!!......lol
In this case you're probably best smiling or trading it in then. Good luck.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I'd pass and wait for the redesign. Too many problems with the current generation, leaks being the biggest of them.

Really?? What's leaking where?:confused:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Finally have the dealer on the same page as me on a 2013 sport.
There are just 2 hurdles to get past...
Get the wife's final ok
and
sell the Harley..........:dance:
Dude DONT sell the HARLEY man, i have a 2010 STREETGLIDE and i will NOT get rid of my baby, unless of course finances say you MUST.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'd pass and wait for the redesign. Too many problems with the current generation, leaks being the biggest of them.
Wow, care to back up that comment with actual facts? I bet there are hundreds of people on this forum that would strongly disagree with you. Do you even own a JK or just trying to get some attention for yourself?

·
Registered
149 Posts
So the 2016 will be PERFECT? These are machines that will always have issues here and there, i highly doubt the 2016 models will leave the plants and be PERFECt forever.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Everything mechanical and mass produced will have a certain percentage of units that have issues. Go to any forum for any kind of motor vehicle and you will find a few people who bitch and moan about everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Wow, care to back up that comment with actual facts? I bet there are hundreds of people on this forum that would strongly disagree with you. Do you even own a JK or just trying to get some attention for yourself?
You're kidding, right? There are countless threads concerning leaks on this and other forums. There are videos posted on Youtube, articles on the internet, complaints logged with the BBB and all kinds of other information out there. The fact that Chrysler has a 200 or so page manual on how to deal with leaks speaks a lot to how big of a problem it is.

You're doing a huge disservice to a potential buyer by making a ridiculous comment claiming that leaks aren't a problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So the 2016 will be PERFECT? These are machines that will always have issues here and there, i highly doubt the 2016 models will leave the plants and be PERFECt forever.
Not saying it will be perfect, but it will certainly address many of the issues with the current generation and I guarantee you that the hard top will be completely redesigned.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You're doing a huge disservice to a potential buyer by making a ridiculous comment claiming that leaks aren't a problem.
And your claiming that a 2016 Will NOT. Are you building it yourself for him in 2016? Because surely even in 2016 it will NOT be perfect, it may leak, it may rattle, it may not have the best gas mileage, but guess what its a JEEP.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not saying it will be perfect, but it will certainly address many of the issues with the current generation and I guarantee you that the hard top will be completely redesigned.
And just because it will your GUARANTEEING that it wont leak? You cant be serious.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Did I guarantee anywhere that it wouldn't? All we know right now is the build quality of the current generation is horrible.

You can't be serious!!!!!

See, I can say it too.
By what you wrote you implied it. No problem hopefully he will make up his own mind, best of luck.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts