Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, want to validate my order real quick before dropping 3 grand. That'd be great..

I'm looking at getting the 315-70R17 Duratracs and mounting them with the 17x9 Rugged Ridge wheel. Do these measurements work with eachother? This is the first time I'll be purchasing tires & wheels separately from two different vendors

Tire: Goodyear 312010142 - Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac with Black Sidewall Lettering - Quadratec

Wheel: Rugged Ridge 17x9 Wheel in Black Machined Finish

----

Secondly, do you suggest getting wheel spacers for this assembly?

And I'll be getting the 2.5" Teraflex coil springs with the Rancho 5000X shocks, with a new fixed lower control arm.

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
Great set up, if not just a little pricey for wheels. Excellent specs and NO spacers needed. Goes well with your other planned mods.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great set up, if not just a little pricey for wheels. Excellent specs and NO spacers needed. Goes well with your other planned mods.
Yeah was feeling the same way about the price. But it was a few hundred dollar difference between this being the ultimate goal and something I'd end up wanting to swap out at a later point in time. So gonna go with this. I especially like that you can add a rim protector, as I'd really like to paint it an accent at some point.

Plastidipped my old ones to try to get the effect

Thinking i'd have the room to be creative with doing something with the protector at some point. And overall, love the wheel itself.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no wheel spacers necessary. I'm running the hub centric satin black/machined XHD's like the one in your link but different tires.
Remember to save your UPC number for your rebate check from Omix Ada.

How well does your spare sit on your tailgate? Not too much weight?

New bumper & a tire swing carrier is in the future roadmap, but want to also make sure in the meantime I'll be good. Any interference with the break light?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@ajwhite ... i'm running the maximus-3 tire carrier. I installed it the day when I mounted the new wheel/tire setup.
... you don't know of any horror stories I might find myself in; do you?

·
Super Moderator
14,567 Posts
Yeah was feeling the same way about the price. But it was a few hundred dollar difference between this being the ultimate goal and something I'd end up wanting to swap out at a later point in time. So gonna go with this. I especially like that you can add a rim protector, as I'd really like to paint it an accent at some point.

Plastidipped my old ones to try to get the effect

Thinking i'd have the room to be creative with doing something with the protector at some point. And overall, love the wheel itself.
They are great wheels...

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Here's my JK on 315/70R17 Duratracs with 17x9 wheels:

I went with Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels to save some money but the fit of that tire on 17x9 wheels is just right. My wheels have 4.5" of backspacing and they fit just fine with no rubbing when I turn. The 2.5" lift wasn't quite enough to keep them from mildly rubbing in the stock fenders at full stuff with the swaybar disconnected but I put on flat fenders and that solved the problem.

To get my speedometer to read accurately, I had to program the tire size to 33.48. At 70 it's pretty much dead on with the GPS.

Your price on just the tires looks about the same as what I paid for my set of 5 as well.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,003 Posts
A 17x9" wheel is a good match, for a 315!!!!!!!

Unless, I am missing the article, I don't see where it mentions the back spacing of the wheels. Just make sure that they are at least 5.0, so that you don't have any rubbing issues.
The Forum favorite seems to be 4.5. So keep the BS, within these numbers and you will be good to go.......:thumb:

And no, you don't need any adapters!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@ajwhite ... I was referring to this link regarding the tailgate bumpstops. Do Not use daystar bumpstops.
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/diy-tailgate-bump-stops-227013.html
Ah! Good to know, didn't realize there was a bump stop there. Glad to know there's a simple solution for that. I'll add some PVC or a tennis ball to the list.

I'll be okay driving safely on the road for a little bit if I don't have it immediately, right? Or does the load bare a lot of stress without it?

·
Registered
10,470 Posts
Ah! Good to know, didn't realize there was a bump stop there. Glad to know there's a simple solution for that. I'll add some PVC or a tennis ball to the list.

I'll be okay driving safely on the road for a little bit if I don't have it immediately, right? Or does the load bare a lot of stress without it?
there's no definitive answer for that. Some popped the welds, many haven't. Just make sure the tire comes in contact with the bumpstop to prevent any excess play. check frequently for any play. You can also have someone drive behind your jeep and check for any movement.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have almost an identical lift/wheel/tire setup on a 2014 4-door Rubicon, and love it. Went with the lift kit that included the shocks, and have different wheels (Level 8 Trackers, same size 17x9). I also purchased a heavy duty spare tire carrier from TeraFlex after reading that the stock one would fatigue from the additional weight of the aftermarket wheel/tire combo (mine is 27 lbs heavier than stock). Wanted to err on the side of caution. Needed to add a few washers for spacing, but otherwise fits fine with the stock rear bumper.

·
Registered
99 Posts
kelly sarafir tsr

just bought these 315 70 17 at 237 a pop might want to think about it as Understand it is basically the same tire with a different tread pattern

1 - 19 of 19 Posts