Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a wrangler a while back, but the weather is finally nice enough in the forseeable future to finally take the top off.

I've got a jammock on top, a cover for the car when parked, and a security insert to store my sunglasses while its parked, but I'm wondering how necessary things like seatcovers are? I'm thinking about getting Bartac ones but not sure how important they are...

Any other suggestions before the jeep gets naked?

·
Registered
27 Posts
First thing I got on the two door and just ordered for my new JKU was a Tuffy Tailgate Security enclosure. Lots of options to this, but I wanted some way to keep the trunk lockable and out of sight and like the Tuffy. I'm sure a crowbar could pull it apart, but gave some sense of security to avoid crime of opportunity by having ability of keeping some things locked and out of sight.

Seat covers are probably a great idea, will be on my growing list of things for the summer

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing I got on the two door and just ordered for my new JKU was a Tuffy Tailgate Security enclosure. Lots of options to this, but I wanted some way to keep the trunk lockable and out of sight and like the Tuffy. I'm sure a crowbar could pull it apart, but gave some sense of security to avoid crime of opportunity by having ability of keeping some things locked and out of sight.

Seat covers are probably a great idea, will be on my growing list of things for the summer
I actually installed this too.

I live in the city and want to enjoy the topless jeep, but obviously am worried about security. And bird poop. One should always be worried about that.

·
Registered
483 Posts
What else is needed...... Enjoy it!! Once its warm, the doors are hung in the garage and the tops down til winter. I do have a cover if it looks like its going to storm. Seat covers are a good investment to protect from the occasional bird and also helps prevent sun rot/discoloring of the seats. Neoprene covers are more money but also help to keep the seats dry when you run into rain on the way home. I generally don't keep anything of value in it. For the most part, if it doesn't look like anything is there to take, most people will just walk on by. There's always the scumbag that will take anything that's not nailed down. I usually leave the console and glove box unlocked. Would rather if somethings going to be taken, they not tear it up doing so.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I am just jealous! We actually had Thunder Snow today up in the mountains. Have lived here 16 years and first time to experience it. I so want to take my top off!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts