Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport has a unique problem that I could not find searching this forum. The ABS and traction control lights come on every time I start the engine but only after I start moving. Then they will go off after driving about 100 yards, this is very repeatable. I am familiar with a speed sensor causing a similar issue but the difference is a fault code will tell you which sensor is causing the problem and the lights will come on and stay on until the faulty sensor is either cleaned or replaced. I just purchased a VGate ODB2 reader and no codes exist when the lights are on. I have not purchased a license for it yet, maybe its a hidden fault code.

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon, manual.
140 Posts
I think you need a license to pull the code, if there is one. Even if there isn’t a code you can pull up the live data and see of any of the wheel speed sensor drop to ”0” for any amount of time, or show a speed different then the other three etc. That would help you know which is bad if there is one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dan. Any experience with any of the apps? I'm leaning towatds ODB JSCAN.

·
Registered
2015 Rubicon, manual.
140 Posts
I use JSCAN, seems like a lot of the Jeepers use it. You can select what data to show in live mode. The only negative I have on the app is each time you use the app you have to select the live data you want shown. Other than that the app is great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So finally captured the error code on the JSCAN, front right speed sensor. I have already replaced the two rear sensors so no surprise. But it seems the front replacement is much more involved... remove wheel, caliber, rotor etc, where as nothing needs removed for the rear sensors. Call me lazy, but is there way to try to clean it without disassembly prior to replacing the front speed sensors?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts