Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today my 2015 JKU Wrangler with only 32K miles had the ABS and Traction Control warning lights come on and stay on. Used my ScanGauge ll and it showed no codes. I also did the cycling the key thing and there were also no codes before it showed "Done". All the wires to the speed sensors are attached and not loose, and the battery cables are tight. If it was a speed sensor it should have thrown a code. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone said that cleaning the speed sensors could fix the problem, so I removed and cleaned the rear ones because they were easy to get at. The warning lights were still on, even after a short drive. So if it's one of the front speed sensors then I might as well just buy new sensors, since those are more of a job to get to. But I'm still not certain they are even the issue considering I never got a code when I cycled the key.

·
Registered
7,515 Posts
Every time I’ve had speed sensor issues I got a code.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Today my 2015 JKU Wrangler with only 32K miles had the ABS and Traction Control warning lights come on and stay on. Used my ScanGauge ll and it showed no codes. I also did the cycling the key thing and there were also no codes before it showed "Done". All the wires to the speed sensors are attached and not loose, and the battery cables are tight. If it was a speed sensor it should have thrown a code. Any suggestions?
Does ScanGauge II have the ability to acess the ABS codes?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I emailed ScanGauge and they said their product does not read ABS codes. So I'm going to assume that the key cycling thing doesn't either. I called my local OReilly auto parts store and specifically asked them if they could scan my Jeep for codes and if it could read ABS codes, and they said yes. So I drive there and the guy can't get it to see any codes on my Jeep. I ask him if the reader can read ABS codes and he said no. Talk about being frustrated at that point!

So at this point I'll just buy one and return it when I'm done. Any suggestions on what unit to get?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried a few more auto parts stores today but none of them had an OBD ABS code reader I could use. I'm about ready to just buy one get the codes off my Jeep and then return it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts