Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully the description will catch folks' attention properly. Yes, I see the very similar thread posted but not quite the same as my issue.

This issue coincides exactly with today's installation of a Spartan locker in my front D30/27 spline. I don't know how wheel speed sensors would have an error before the vehicle moves unless one got knocked off today during the install. I will get a code reader and have more info in a few days.

When I start rolling the BRAKE light comes on and then will flash if I put the console brake on to its first click.

The Jeep is starting with ABS and CEL on and in drive I can only coax into 1st or 2nd gear.

I have the nanny-switch on my Jeep that bypasses all the nanny stuff (sensor cutout switch in console), but in this case, it no longer matters.

Can I cut out / bypass all of the wheel speed sensors?

This is nowhere near a daily driver.

I have not tried to plugin the AEV procal yet. Only turned the jeep on/off.

-Luke

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I would start by making sure all the sensors are seated and clipped in, also make sure that a break line did not get crimped. If all that is clear pull the battery cables and reset everything.

I also want to note there is a better auto locker the torq locker by the makers of the auzzie locker. Should the Spartan annoy you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In response to all... it was only needing a code reset via the OBDII.
I ripped out my ncmo happy-fun switch while "troubleshooting" which was exactly the opposite of what It needed.

So, a new happy-fun switch to put the Jeepster into fun-mode in 2WD high and the locker up front make the Jeep a nice off-roader. I am pretty sure I can pop reverse wheelies by going from Drive to R now... we will see.

The Jeepster is now parked in the garage and I have a new project truck to bring out in public in the spring. (think 4 barrel carbed v-8 dually by International Harvester) So.. This is my last post for Jeeps until next Jeep Season, see yall on the flip slide.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I want to say 4Low disables more of the computer stuff - maybe see if it behaves different in 4L?
in 4L it locks up the front axle like a spool. Hitting the happy fun switch it is really fun. Now with the happy fun switch and a front locker, it's a nice off-roader with plenty of HP to get out of anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.