Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All three lights came on at the end of April, after only having my Jeep for about 2 months. Brought it to the dealer, since I'm still under warranty, they said they fixed it and now a little more than a month later all the lights are on again.

My Jeep is now with my local mechanic, but I'm wondering has this been a recurring issue for anyone else?

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
I have those same lights on and will be replacing a bad sensor today. I'll update when I'm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Replaced the bad sensor and the lights went out when I started driving. It won't reset until you start moving the Jeep.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Was it the wheel speed sensor that ended up being replaced? or was it another sensor?
Yup speed sensor. Mine was cut completely in half from an off road rock incident so I knew it would be the issue. Bought a new one for like 20 bucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had it happen to me and it was a wheel speed sensor. After it was fixed the first time the lights came on a few weeks later and it ended up being another bad sensor. They replaced it and haven't had any issues since.
The second time the lights went on was it the wheel speed sensor again or was it another sensor?

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
The second time the lights went on was it the wheel speed sensor again or was it another sensor?
Each wheel has its own sensor so he was talking about a different wheel needing a sensor. They apparently go out commonly. Some people ignore them. Its a really easy fix, and cheap, so I'd just fix it.

·
Commercial Member
553 Posts
Each wheel has its own sensor so he was talking about a different wheel needing a sensor. They apparently go out commonly. Some people ignore them. Its a really easy fix, and cheap, so I'd just fix it.

Not sure how you could ignore it. Mine wasn't drivable for any distance with the error present.

·
GO STEELERS !
2,165 Posts
Not sure how you could ignore it. Mine wasn't drivable for any distance with the error present.
Really? Mine drove fine. Actually drove it off the trail and 3 hours home with a completely severed ABS line. Lights on and no issue other than the irritation of the lights. I also ran into a guy at Oreillys when I was picking up parts who was in a lifted Rubicon. I asked if he ever replaced his and he said he didn't even install his when he changed out his front Axle after bending it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts