Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now my ABS keeps activating randomly when I step on the brakes during light braking. It's my wife's DD and she mentioned it a while back, but recently said the ABS and ESP lights also came on but went off after about 20 seconds. I scanned it with my Flashcal and it said RR wheel signal "implausible signal." I reset the code and it was fine, but this is actually not the first time I had the code, I've had it two times before but months prior. Those times I thought it may be mud in the sensor/tone ring since I had been wheeling recently.

Anyway, just now I swapped the sensor because it's a cheap part, and went for a test drive. ABS and ESP lights within a minute, again they go off after about 15 seconds. In the next five minutes, ABS activates twice under light braking.

I'm thinking ABS module, but going to make appointment with dealer since it is still under warranty. Any other ideas in case I missed something simple?

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
If it is still under warranty, let the dealer mess with it. Had that happen on my 2010, twice. Had an electrical short, which caused the wheel sensors to go bad. It took them all day to find the short and fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts