Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats goin on guys....im back on, problem now is my ABS light in on constantly....is this normal for Wranglers?I just changed my rear brakes and bled the system....just some easy input wether or not this is normal, if not what do you guys think about the problem?what will solve it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
It could be possible you may have bumped the abs sensor and loosened the connector. Try the NASA approach first and jiggle the wires a little.

·
Administrator
12,512 Posts
Hm.. I thought you could only get the abs with the auto in the YJ's... Well your brakes will still work of course with out the ABS... and that happened on a ZJ I use to own.. Check your tone ring and senor locations to make sure when you did the brake job they didn't get moved or shifted over.. very easy to have happen.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
My 94's ABS light comes on intermittantly as well. Funny thing is all I usually have to do is turn off engine and restart? ABS goes off. 4.0L 5-speed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, i dunno because i have a 95' with an in-line 6, manual. Ill see what i can find out

hah...yea, my ABS goes on as soon as i turn the engine over as well. I mean my ABS works, its not like its not functioning properly but i just wanted to get it checked out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I heard from an american Friend of mine who is into jeeps (cuz i live in Australia!)that the yj between the pieriod of '94-'95 that there was a fuse fault with the ABS light and some even had faulty ABS Brakes!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JeepYJ said:
I heard from an american Friend of mine who is into jeeps (cuz i live in Australia!)that the yj between the pieriod of '94-'95 that there was a fuse fault with the ABS light and some even had faulty ABS Brakes!!!
wow...thank you sir. Maybe the most useful info. i have. I appreciate it buddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts