Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there way to tell if I have ABS by looking. If so, where do I need to look? Thanks

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Right side of the engine bay behind the brake cylinder. If there is just something that looks like a battery tray then you don't have abs. Honestly I don't think abs was that popular with TJs

·
Registered
941 Posts
Is there way to tell if I have ABS by looking. If so, where do I need to look? Thanks
If you open the hood there will be a tray on the driver's side, same as the corresponding tray on the passenger side that holds the battery. If this tray is empty, you don't have ABS.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
If a red ABS light on the dash illuminates and then goes out after you start the engine, you have ABS. As well as what was said above with info on the ABS controller, when present, being located on that little tray in front of the firewall on the driver's side.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
If a red ABS light on the dash illuminates and then goes out after you start the engine, you have ABS. As well as what was said above with info on the ABS controller, when present, being located on that little tray in front of the firewall on the driver's side.
How difficult would be to install a used one off of a junk yard TJ?

Nevermind. I found your answer on another thread.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
TJS2000 said:
Thanks. Brake pumping it is. Come on snow. Lol
If you have a standard. 4wd and down shift is a safe way.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Moabrubi said:
That may be true but if you are going fast and need to stop in loose stuff it definitely doesn't help. Not all wheeling is slow. :)
SPEED ROCK CRAWLING! haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts