Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 JKU 3.6L with absolutely no power.

I had the P0520 (bad engine oil pressure sensor/switch. Ran with no issues for a week (250 miles of driving up to 80mph) until sensor arrived and had time to install.

Disconnected battery, pull upper and lower intake to get to back of the oil cooler. While putting back together slipped and broke the PCV tube. New one arrived at Jeep dealer next and back to buttoning everything up. Completed oil change and reconnected battery terminals. Get in to take for test drive and have absolutely nothing (no interior lights, nothing with turning key, like I never reconnected battery). Checked voltage on Yellow Top Optima and checked 12.5V. Checked the wire going into fuse box and had 12V going into fuse box. Can’t think of a fuse that would take out everything. Disconnected battery + and went to dinner for a break. Came back and reconnected terminal and still absolutely nothing. 4 x factory wires from battery + terminal ( 1 red to starter?, 1 red to alternator? ,1 black fusible link wire into wire loom to fuse box that checked good on power and 1 light greenish going into wire loom bundle towards fire wall?). Triple checked all battery connections and everything seems to be connected and secure.

Never had a completely dead, nothing like this. Usually dim headlights, interior lights or at least some dash lights with key in ignition.
Anyone have a .pdf service manual or wiring diagram? Or any ideas?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've attached the starting circuits which should at least get you started. This is from a 2014 manual (manuals are on eBay btw for about $10 as a pdf) but it should be close enough to get you running.

Can you get anything else to work? Does anything chime, interior lights, or horn work? That may give you some clues.

I'd check all the connections are correct to the battery, that the fusible link is good, etc. Then check the fuses listed in the TIPM (which is a computer itself and should be treated carefully!) in the wiring diagram (J17, J13, M13, M27).

If all of that checks out, I'd then remove both pos and neg cables from the battery and touch them together for 20-30 seconds. This will completely reset the ECUs. Obviously you are not involving the battery in doing so -- remove both cables and touch them together with nothing connected to the battery.

Let us know how it goes!

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 JKU RanchoLift, Flat fender flares, PS front/rear bumpers
62 Posts
Try a different battery.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apologize for the late response/reply. Had multiple irons in the fire....

That being said, had multiple Jeep fixes, upgrades at same time while waiting for parts, fixing broken parts and discovery maintenance (I know, cry me a River).

Retraced everything 2-3 times and while pulling the list of fuses (thanks John_1750 for all the .PDFs and help) and saw the “fuse box retaining nut” was sitting beside the post. Not sure how or why it was off but put that back on and tightened it down and BAM! Everything fired up like it was brand new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts