Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 yj that my son hooked up jumper cables backwards and fried the computer and blew all the fuses under the the dash. We put in a new computer to match his 2.0 four banger and replaced the fuses under the dash. everything is working but the AC. Evertime we turn on the ignition the AC fuse blows I have not located any burt wires but cant figure this out can anyone help me with this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Already Done

Yes i have tryed that one already. Still does the same thing even when it is unpluged. The weird thing is that even looking under the hood and at the location that there is supposed to be a relay acording to chilton manual for the AC there is not one there and never has been. so with it unpluged and no relay in the slot it still blows the fuse when you turn the ignition.?????

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
ok,that probably leaves nothing but the a/c control panel and the wiring..I would probably look in the engine compartment and make sure a wire is not laying on a hot engine part that may have melted the insulation..then I would open the dash and check out the control switches..if that all looked cool I would disconnect a wire there and see if it still blows the fuse..if it does then the wire is shorted between the fuse and the controller..if it doesn't then it is the wire from the controller to the engine compartment

·
Registered
635 Posts
I dunno if the newer Yjs are like the older ones but there is a diode pack along with the diagnostic ports on the battery support. It may have fried, it can be opened and checked for smoked components. An FSM will help you track all the a/c circuits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts