Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 yj it has the 4.0 and has AC, I have read and found that drain hose in the engine compartment on the firewall for the vent that everyone has problems with, it was clogged a little so I cleaned it. my problem is if I run the AC in my jeep I get condensation from the bottom of my ac vents by the shifter, I found the drain hose for that on top of the transmission and I tried to clean it out by running wire up in there but I could not tell if it was clogged or not and nothing came out :banghead: has anyone had this problem before and how did you fix it? thanks a lot this is my first time posting a question and I did search the forums first trying to find someone else with this problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that is kinda what I was thinking, I couldn't feel where it connects in the back with my hand so I am gonna have to pull the dash apart to see if I can find it, I will post what I find out just in case someone else runs into this issue also

·
Registered
309 Posts
You can see the drain hose best from the passenger side. It's right behind the ac housing on the lower side offset closer to the driver side. I just had an issue with the plastic tube cracking causing it to leak on the trans hump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry it took me so long to reply, I pulled my carpet out the other day and found that who ever installed the carpet before me pinched the drain tube shut, I fixed it and no leak so far. thanks guys :thumb: I still feel pretty dumb because I couldn't see that tube before from in the cab hahah guess I wasn't looking hard enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts